Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Passion Born

Early one morning in 1995, I grabbed my Canon camera already loaded with slide film and began wandering the streets of St. Petersburg, Russia. The occasional sweeper ignored me as I avoided the puddles from the rainy night. I came upon the Cathedral of the Resurrection of Christ - beautiful in the morning light - and saw something I had never noticed. I quickly took several shots, thinking, "This is either going to be fabulous or pure crap." I was not to be disappointed. The result has been an ongoing love-affair with reflections from around the world. Here are those first images...










4 comments:

Unknown said...

Liv, The photos are captivating - and here's a chance to communicate with a friend of 50+ years on a weekly basis! Can't wait to share in your thoughts and memories through this blog. Chris

Mary Worthington said...

Gorgeous, thoughtful, meditative images. Can't wait for more.
A new way to communicate with you...

Gerardo Horischnik said...

Well done, partner! Love the shots. The foreground is the background and the background is the foreground. I don't know how you did it but there you have a whole new perspective on things. You do justice with these images to the literal meaning of photography: "Painting with light".

martine@martinelouisedesign said...

great photos liv! makes me want to go back to Auz to climb the bridge again!