Sunday, August 25, 2013

Reflections

Life is full of joy and sorrow. I dedicate this series of reflections to Dr. Faiza Fawaz Estrup, a devoted doctor, scientist, linguist, painter (water colors) and the loving wife of my cousin, Per Jan. She was born in Lebanon and at 18 came to study physics at Yale University, where they met and fell in love. They spent many years at Brown University as researchers and professors, then retired to Santa Barbara because the coast reminded Faiza so much of Beirut. 
                                                                            

































































































Liv - Providence, RI - August  2013

3 comments:

Vladimir Marcek said...

Beautiful images Liv, they are delicate and humming with life at once :)

Unknown said...

Hello Liv. I happened upon your blog after watching your video about
Arnie Beisser. His mother Mae was my step-grandmother, but basically the only Grandma I ever knew. Her husband, Ben Elkins, was my mother's father. I visited with Arnie and Rita in Santa Monica quite regularly when I lived in LA in 1984-87. I lost touch with Rita after Arnie's passing. I still have a copy of "The Madness in Sports" which I think is quite rare. I would love to say hello to her if she is still alive.

Ginger Clark said...

Each more magical than the one before! What an eye you have . . . and a pretty good finger as well! Thanks for seeing and sharing these images. Are they all from RI?