Saturday, April 16, 2011

May as well be here; we are where we are..... Australian Aboriginal saying


Early in 2000 I flew to Wollongong, just south of Sydney, to work with Tom Cavdaravski* on What’s Behind the Empty Chair? - my first foray into filmmaking. Even though we worked 12-14 hour days, I found moments to explore the country.  Some of these reflections were my first view of Australia; others from subsequent trips.  This quote by Tom Dystra - We cultivated our land, but in a way different from the white man.  We endeavoured to live with the land; they seemed to live off it – reminds me of my Native American heritage.
*Tom is GATLA's long-time videographer.

Windy Sydney 


Darling Harbour

One of Sydney's Reserves

Cape Tribulation

Preparing for the Olympics


Sydney a la Gaudi


Brisbane at Sunset


Sydney's Chinese Gardens


1 comment:

martine@martinelouisedesign said...

agh! posted on wrong article! doh!
....Great photos liv! makes me want to go back to Auz to climb the bridge again!