Saturday, April 23, 2011

Portholes In Norway

Nature is not only all that is visible to the eye… it also includes the inner pictures of the soul.  Edvard Munch, Norwegian Painter (The Scream) 1863 – 1944


In the summer of 2004, I voyaged along Norway's fjords searching for the midnight sun and hoping to connect more with my Scandinavian roots. The MS Vesterålen (part of the Hurtigruten Fleet) is a working ship that delivers mail and goods from port to port. After boarding, I drifted into deep relaxation watching the views unfold. To my surprise, it was in my cabin that the scenes impacted me most. I hope you enjoy Portholes as much as I did. 























2 comments:

Unknown said...

ABSOLUTELY BREATH TAKING. JUST LIKE YOU!
BUT I DONT UNDERSTAND THE PORTHOLES. HOW DID YOU DO THAT. THEY ALL APPEAR TO BE THE SAME, BUT OBVIOUSLY THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE. XOXO

martine@martinelouisedesign said...

Liv, I love these porthole photos. What a creative way to document your journey. Brilliant! It really makes me want to take that trip! m x